Open March 14th – Closed
Participation is a core value of our community. In fact, you must be participating in order to attend PEX Summer Festival. PEX Summer Festival is able to be the magical experience it is when each person contributes and is a participant!
There are so many ways in which to do this at PEX Summer Festival, and one of those ways is by Volunteering for teams and activities that help run our community! We recognize your time as a gift and we want to help you find a volunteer activity that will strengthen your ties to our community through either our Work Exchange Program or general volunteering.
The Work Exchange Program requires an application and asks for a minimum of 16 hours of volunteer work in exchange for a reimbursed ticket. General volunteering is for those that simply want to give back to the community and do not expect a reimbursed ticket in return. An application for general volunteering is encouraged so that we can fill our volunteer needs early and be better prepared for the festival, but you may also give back your time by stopping by the Participation Station during PEX Summer Festival. General volunteer shift slots are only 2 hours each and you can feel free to volunteer in multiple departments!
Here are a few ways in which you can contribute!
- Festival Setup and Break Down* – put your back into it, and work those hands with the PEX Posse! (Work Exchange only)
- Flag and direct incoming vehicles and help us create an orderly parking lot for Exodus.
- Assist with parking – wear cool hats and meet new friends!
- Be a rockstar Dirt Ranger
- First Aid and Sanctuary Team – Safety first, yo!
- Assist with preparations for our Effigy
- Center Camp Cafe and Performance Stage
- Provide helpful information and flashmob musicals at our Participation Station!
- Patrol for MOOP
- Get involved in a PEX Posse build project in the months leading up to the festival. Email us for info on available projects.
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
As a PEX Summer Festival Volunteer, you are a part of the PEX Posse! We hope and expect that all Volunteers actively understand and uphold the core PEX commitments and values of respectful community, responsible and positive living, and FUN. To learn more about our Work Exchange positions and find the link to applications, keep reading! For questions regarding general volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Setup must arrive Tuesday or Wednesday of build week (the week before the festival) and Breakdown must stay for breakdown/cleanup (Sunday evening and Monday) through the day. Monday Breakdown participants are expected to stay until the grounds are fully broken down and cleaned, which generally takes until late afternoon/early evening. There are a very limited amount of Setup reimbursement/work exchange opportunities this year.
Requirements for Work-Exchange (Reimbursement) Participants
The PEX Posse LOVES dedicated doers, especially those who truly help us put together, put on, and take part in this annual celebration! The Work Exchange Program rewards volunteers who complete at least 17 hours of volunteering (includes 1 hour of orientation) by reimbursing the person’s ticket cost. To be eligible for work-exchange, you must submit your application by May 15th!
Work-exchange participants are required to fill out an application. Once submitted, you will receive a receipt notification that we have received your application. We will be accepting work exchange participants on a rolling basis, and will therefore let you know if you have been accepted as soon as a decision has been made. We commit to letting all applicants know by June 1st whether or not they have been accepted.
While we are happy to work with people’s schedules to get as many people involved as possible, positions on the WEP volunteer team are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis according to PEX’s needs for Setup, During Festival, and Breakdown — Preference will be given to volunteers who can work all of Setup, or all of Breakdown, first. Second preference is given to those that can work a combination of Setup/Breakdown and During the Festival.
- SETUP: Starts the Tuesday before the festival begins, and goes through Thursday night- plus a super duper quick parking shift on Friday. Volunteers who come in for Setup will be expected to be available for the entire day they committed to working and are on site. Preference will be given to volunteers who can commit to Tuesday through Thursday/Friday setup
- DURING EVENT: Shifts during the event are largely limited to Baristas, Lifeguards, Rangers, First Aid, and Sanctuary—all of which require some level of experience. Additional help on Effigy Build, Hospitality Services, Participation Station/Information Booth and whatever other needs arise are also available. Preference will be given to applicants who also can work Breakdown or a few days of Setup.
- BREAKDOWN: Breakdown begins Sunday afternoon/night and continues until the last box truck is loaded on Monday, and accounts for a bulk majority of hours required for the WEP volunteers. If you were not on site assisting for Setup, you will need to volunteer for a quick shift during or before the festival to complete your hours (usually a 2-3 hour shift during the festival).
Tickets must be purchased prior to the event as a deposit, and we require the purchase confirmation code is sent to us upon you acceptance to the program. The face value of the ticket will be refunded to you after the full completion of your shifts and duties (This does not include fees from See Tickets). We typically reimburse you within 2 weeks after the event.
If you do not complete your volunteer requirements, including the code of conduct you agree to (be on time, sobriety, etc.), you will forfeit your ticket and the deposit will not be returned.
If you are interested in our work-exchange program for a reimbursed event ticket, you can fill out your application below. We will have limited spots available so please fill out your application today.
Acting as part of the workforce that supports the very fiber of our events is an honor and a privilege. The organizers of this event feel blessed to be a part of all that this community is doing. We are looking for more people who share this view and will honor responsibility as a blessing in making this event happen.
Please contact Daisy Dukes, Chase, and the PEX Participation Team at email@example.com with any questions or comments.